Thursday, May 1

Better day

I woke up about 4 am because my throat was burning. Like heartburn. So I took an anti nausea and Pepcid and raised my bed some. Went back to sleep, but still didn’t feel great when I woke up. Around lunch I had a piece of toast and it stuck, so I had a chicken leg a few hours later. I’m feeling pretty good about it. I’m definitely feeling better than I did yesterday. 

Today was my last day of intermittent FMLA leave, so I had to talk with HR about an extension. I need day-to-day still, plus PT goes into June and I have surgery on May 15 to remove the port. I was hoping to be back at work the week after next, but I don’t see that happening. I need to be able to finish full WFH days first! I’ve worked so little this last month that my boss had to reassure me my job is safe and my desk is waiting for me when we chatted last week. I’m grateful I have over 700 hours available still, but it’s time to be better already. 

Today is week three since my final treatment. I can eat whatever I want now!! 🤣🤣🤣 Before, I was craving pizza and sushi and spaghetti with meat sauce and a cheeseburger and my favorite bagel sandwich on Sundays. Heck, commercials for Subway were starting to look good. Now, I’m still food anxious. Besides, there are very few things that I can really taste, so I might as well wait, right?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so glad you are asking for that extension and have a boss that is reassuring. Amen!
    And the opening for whatever food you want is exciting! I can respect the food anxiety though... you'll know when the time and taste buds feel right for going all in.
    -MB

    ReplyDelete