Wednesday, April 30

One step forward…

Yesterday morning started with more vomiting. 

This morning started equally nauseous. But I had things to do.  I took the girls to the groomers. That was exhausting. My initial reaction when the groomer asked if I was ok was no, because of how I felt, but I explained I’m done with treatment and am healing.

Then I went for a fasting blood draw at my doctor’s office for a scheduled appointment next month. My last with her before she retires. Sob. I was a wreck. The phlebotomist was so kind and gentle. I can’t use my left arm with the good vein anymore. I’m just so emotional and weepy.

After that I went to get some mint tea that tasted terrible. My tastebuds are still so off. I’d brought a banana to eat. I was supposed to have PT two hours later, but didn’t want to drive home (even though it’s not that far). I parked in a nearby lot and while talking with Jill decided to go home and cancel my appointment. I’ve vomited in front of this woman, so I was feeling pretty bad.

I came home, took an anti nausea med, canceled my appointment and laid down. I slept for three hours, which I never do during the day. When I got up, I had some chicken noodle soup and sat for a while before going to pick up the dogs.

The groomer had made me a goodie basket and the techs helped me get the dogs in the car. We came home and I’ve been back in bed. I’m going to take more anti nausea and see if I can eat something later. I can’t get better without food.


No comments:

Post a Comment