Dear Dr.,
I want to thank you for quite possibly saving my life. During my mammogram last October, you identified a tiny focal asymmetry that turned out to be Triple Negative Breast Cancer.
At the diagnostic ultrasound, the tech kept saying, “I don’t see what they’re looking for.” It was that small. Fortunately, another radiologist reviewing the diagnostic mammogram agreed there was an “architectural distortion” worth a biopsy.
After my double mastectomy (family history), the final pathology showed the TNBC was only 0.7 cm. A blurry something that could’ve easily been dismissed.
But it wasn’t. You saw it. And that changed everything. If it had been missed, by the time I returned for my next mammogram this October, my outcome could’ve been very different.
Thank you for your sharp eye, your judgment, and your part in giving me a chance to move forward, healthy and hopeful.
With deep gratitude,
This is wonderful and will mean a great deal.
ReplyDelete