Friday, June 20

Up to now

Yeah, I haven’t been writing. Sorry. 

Since the endoscopy…I went into work a half day last week. It totally reminded me how much I like working from home.

This week I worked a full day. It was good to see more people. I’m just astonished that outside of my area, no one knew what was going on. Reactions are interesting. Women immediately ask what happened — with their face or their words. Men look like they’re trying to figure out who to ask (besides me).

The GI stuff still goes on. The anti-nausea prescription has a weird refill time. I woke up this morning with only two left and I can’t refill it until Monday. I decided to not take a pill today to see how I did. I made it until about 11 am before the nausea kicked in. It made me mad that since March I have been sick and still need meds to get through the day. I was hoping it was starting to get better. I see the gastro office in two weeks, so I will ask for an update prescription for the anti-nausea and maybe get some answers on the test and how long I might be on meds.

The worst part of the meds? I CAN’T DRINK. I haven’t had a drink since the first week of January. Y’all. I need a drink. I deserve a drink!!

I’ve been wrestling with what to do about my dog ears. I’d been leaning towards leaving them alone. But after the half day and then full day at work I’ve come to realize I’m going to need to have the additional surgery to have them removed. Each one is about the size of my palm and feel heavy. It makes my arms and shoulders more fatigued. I talked about it with my PT this afternoon and thought I heard a tinge of relief that I’ve come to this conclusion. I see the oncologist NP in two weeks and will ask them for a plastic surgeon referral.

No comments:

Post a Comment