I met with my stylist on Saturday and she did a really nice job of cleaning up the wig and making it look more like me. She also offered to go wig shopping with me to the one place in town she’d recommend. I sent a picture to the Divas and they all said super sweet things. Because that’s what friends do.
I hate it. I feel like an old lady wearing a wig. It’s scratchy and I just don’t like it at all. I wish I knew knitters. I’d rally them for beanie sized caps.
I told my boss this morning that they may just have to get used to my bald head. He said, “We are happy to take you anyway you choose.”
The only problem is, it’s cold at work. We all wear sweaters and I have a blanket I use. Several have heaters (I have one I can take in.). When you see the men wearing their suit jackets, you know it’s cold. I have some pre-made scarves, but they may not match outfits.
I guess I could go wig shopping, but part of me feels like this is just who I am right now. Too bad if it makes others uncomfortable. I’m a survivor.

Survivor in deed. My place of work does not allow hats in the building, not strictly enforced. (I did when I had a big bald patch due to Mohs surgery) However, no one ever complained when other survivors wore a head scarf, beanies or bandanas on dress down days.
ReplyDeleteBald is cool. A crew cut is too! But, when one is older hair is thinner anyway beanies or soft cotton welding hats, they're nice.
I often don't realize how cold the building is until I walk outside and it feels good in the 100 degree parking lot. (For 5 min)
So cute!
ReplyDelete