When Erin asked the Diva’s if anyone was interested in their residency in Las Vegas, I hesitated just a second before saying YES! Guess what today is?
I have promised my friends I will never attempt to see Adam Levine again! 😂
I am feeling better today. I had a restless, painful night. I shifted and listened to my bedtime story like six times. Tried an extra melatonin. Then an extra Xanax. It makes for long nights. But I’m hoping things are shifting and I’ll be feeling normal again soon.
Mouth of Death has been back a few days. Everything tastes terrible. Even the dogs smell my breath and are like Whoa.
Since the first chemo, everything has tasted off. It’s like my tongue has a rim of salt on it. I’ve asked for a prescription for thrush meds to see if that helps. Hopefully HEB texts soon.
But the Mouth of Death. One day I thought it tasted like dirt. Now it’s just like something died. I think the oncologist appreciated my description last time.
So I fall into the segment of the OG Measles vaccination that is probably not still protecting me and could use a booster. But I can’t get one. I am officially immunocompromised. I’ll have to ask the oncologist how long I fall into that category post chemo. For now, masks are still my friend and staying out of crowds reminds me of Covid.
Dr. Lang said the second session might go easier. It has not. Adding in the gastro issues and actually crying because of how I felt on Thursday made it the worst day since starting.
But I will keep my fingers crossed that next time will be better. I try to keep in mind it could be much worse for much longer and that next month things will start to return to normal. A new normal, yes, but back to living life. Going places, doing things, seeing people and eating!
I’m not naive that there are not still adjustments to come. Tomorrow is two months since surgery and things continue to heal. Sometimes the scar hurts. My arms hurt. My golf balls (dog ears they call them) bother me every day. But I’m ready for PT and to get a massage soon (I haven’t laid on my belly yet).
So, yeah. Reminding myself to be gentle with me in this moment and still feel ok about looking forward to the future.
I’m wondering, are there any questions I can answer? Specifics about what’s happened? Something that’s bubbled up by something I’ve mentioned? You can leave it anonymously here or DM me and I’ll answer.
You asked and I’m ignorant. The mouth thing, is it something going on with the tongue or taste buds, or is it deeper, like a lung thing?
ReplyDelete