Monday, March 10

Wah-wah-wah

Chemo makes me feel like a big whiny baby and I know I’m on the you-got-lucky level, not the big guns. I just want to feel better, you know?


This second session has been more difficult with more side effects. I’m still having some food aversion and nausea issues, which make it hard to eat. The bone pain had abated by this time last time, but it’s lingering. Not horrible like last week, I just feel aware.


The thrush mouthwash seems to be working on the film I feel, but the texture thing still gets me. And when I spit it out, it looks like butter. 🤢 


Everything smells dusty. I don’t know if that means I’m losing my nose hairs. My nose is a little bloody too. 


Somebody’s having a cranky Monday, can’t you tell? I didn’t sleep well, so I blame the time change. 

4 comments:

  1. ALL understandable. You’re a Beast handling it all like the badass you are. Hoping things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Daugherty3/10/2025 2:26 PM

    What a tough thing you are going through to eradicate any stray cells possible!! Hugging you from afar ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! Close your eyes when you spit out the mouthwash and have the sink running.
    I meed to do some research on the smell issue. You might need to run a humidifier to moisten the air.
    Power nap when you can.
    Just keep thinking that tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn’t even sound whiny. I love the mixture of perspective: Clinically, here is what I’m dealing with, this is how I’m fighting back and here is how it is working. I see ribbon of sassy humor mixed in too. Like the peanut butter in the chocolate a pint of Häagen Daz.

    ReplyDelete