Thursday, April 10

A full update from chemo day

I had questions, Dr. Lang had answers!

I can have the port removed in three weeks! I just need to make an appointment with Dr. Elmi (mastectomy surgeon).

I will have follow-up visits every three months where they will draw blood for testing. 

I am considered “Ned,” meaning no evidence of disease. It’s similar to remission, but not. 

The fatigue, neuropathy and bone pain will linger two months. 

My immune system will be better in one month. I need to mask in public and not be around anyone who is sick or have sick family members. 

I should not have any problems with lymphedema and can travel without restrictions. 

I can have sushi and a bagel with lox in three weeks!

My current risk of recurrence is 5%! (Did I bury the lede?)

2 comments:

  1. Lede is journalism speak for the most important part of a news story.

    ReplyDelete