It will take 2-3 hours and I’ll come home after I “wake up” post surgery. They said that usually take about two hours, so that will probably mean twice as long for me (I take forever to wake up).
I’ll go in the day before for an injection related to the biopsy they will do of the lymph nodes.
Faster than the speed of the surgery - Is the roller coaster of emotion. For me, I reached numbness pretty quickly. I felt like a kid being told what to do leading up to and then the recovery. I remember thinking modern medicine is not that modern. It seemed barbaric and dated. There is nothing I can tell you - you don’t know. You likely have an Honorary medical degree in this shit. But stay in your seat, keep the seat belt fastened and remember to breathe.
ReplyDeleteI know how strong you are, and I have no doubt you’ll handle this with your usual grace and resilience. Focus on yourself.
ReplyDeleteIf there’s anything you need, whether it’s a distraction, a listening ear, or some help, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Sending you all my love and positive thoughts. 😘
Thank you for keeping us updated through this blog. I don't want to bug you every day about this and keep it in the front of your mind. But I do want to know how you are doing and what's next on your plate. I have no agenda for the next 3 months. So count on me if you need anything. A ride, a shoulder or ear, or some inappropriate remarks or comments to take your mind elsewhere. You might still need to work on your muscle tone but you are one of the strongest people I know.
ReplyDelete