I had my MRI this morning. Not the most terrible thing I’ve ever sat through, but it was kind of uncomfortable and staying still for about 20 minutes with loud racket around you is disconcerting. I visualized singing “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall” to focus on my breathing and being still. Silly choice, I know, but I’ve used it in the past when I couldn’t sleep, so I have good visuals to use and by going slowly I made it to 59 when it finished.
As I told a co-worker, the process goes on the “do not recommend” list. ;-)
Tomorrow morning I have a Zoom appointment with the surgeon, so I guess the MRI results are a quick turn-around. What they see will determine what order things will happen in.
I’m doing ok. I find I power through and then start shaking as I walk to my car. I sat for a while today to decompress. I think I’m still in denial and at some point someone will realize it was a silly mistake and life will go back to normal. Just an ‘oopsie’ I guess.
Tomorrow might bring a little bit more of a reality check.
It's easier to place it in the oopsie category. That is a smart move until you are ready to see it for what it is. Like when you wake up after surgery and realize it wasn't a oopsie ;). It's okay to be an eternal optimist. Hang in there. Keep taking it step by step.
ReplyDelete