Thursday, February 27

I’m home!

Had a good visit with Dr. Lang before chemo today. She says my side effects should be similar to the first treatment or even easier! šŸ˜®šŸ¤ž I’m praying that’s the outcome. I can handle a similar week-ish of symptoms. (Although I will whine about it the whole time.) Hopefully the mouth of death will be better! 

I’ve ordered a larger heating pad for the neulasta pain and now have a better schedule for alternating Tylenol and Advil. 

The chemo session itself is relatively uneventful. Today my hands hurt much worse than last time, but the ice gloves were gel this time instead of a block like last time. So they were easier to move. I’m hoping it helps limit the neuropathy and that it doesn’t spread. A woman sitting with her mom shared that her husband uses a spray-on magnesium that relieves his neuropathy, so I’ll be ordering some of that. 

I’ve got five more days of veg eating. Debbi (who was my driver and caretaker today) brought me an Asian stir fry I’ll have now. I’ll pick up my groceries later and make a veggie soup. Good thing I look soup. 

1 comment:

  1. Mary Daugherty2/27/2025 2:39 PM

    Glad to hear you’re home. Sounds like you have a good plan.

    ReplyDelete