I finished my Bridget Jones binge today with “Mad About the Boy.” I enjoyed my walk down memory lane. While sadder than the original three, I found the new movie was still sweet and hopeful. There was one scene that choked me up a little bit. It’s not enough to survive: You have to live. Obviously, I’ve been thinking about that a lot lately. What does my life mean? What is my legacy? What am I doing to really live life?
I’m not a good cook. I’m just not. I can follow a recipe exactly and it’ll be just ok. I made potato salad today since I’ve been craving it. I was hoping I could taste it. I winged it and used a little too much vinegar (forgot I was sizing down from the recipe). I was impatient and ate it warm. It tasted so good. I hope tomorrow it will be even better. I’d definitely make it again.
Amen! Glad you watched it and made yummy potato salad! That is living in the moment, which is a good place to be. The legacy part is already in motion too and you make a difference every day; it is just hard to see when you are actively in it. -MB
ReplyDeleteWhen I read a previous post, I thought, extra vinegar, you’ll taste it then. ☺️
ReplyDeleteThings my mom taught me about potato salad. Make baked beans more people will eat them. And to cut the potatoes all the same size so some aren’t soft and some hard.