While we were talking, she said that my pathology came in and it is ALL CLEAR! They got all the cancer, my margins are clear and my lymph node was clear.
I do still have to have chemo because TNBC is very aggressive, so they want to kill any microscopic cancer cells that may have spread beyond the breast.
From an article: “Triple-negative breast cancer tends to spread at a microscopic level from the beginning,” says Dr. Leon Ferre. This means the cancer must be treated with systemic therapy — a drug or combination of drugs that can be taken orally or through an IV to reach cancer cells in all parts of the body. “The drugs usually used to avoid chemotherapy target estrogen receptors. This cancer doesn't have those, so we rely on chemotherapy, which essentially kills any cell that is dividing rapidly.”
Elsa sat with me and talked for a couple hours. That helped me a lot. I am tired. I hope the girls and I sleep well. (They have been restless since David left. Lots of barking at nothing.)
From Diane - that is awesome that they got all the cancer! Your emotions are warranted you just went through a major surgery. I’m so glad you have such a strong friend group.
ReplyDeleteHappy for the good report! One day at a time, love you
ReplyDeleteAwesome news!!
ReplyDeleteThat’s wonderful news!! ❤️❤️
ReplyDelete❤️
ReplyDeleteThat is fantastic news!! Let me know when you need me to come by. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is great news from the report!!
ReplyDeleteI'll be happy to come see you sometime soon. My MIL will be staying with us for a couple of weeks though so I'm adjusting to a new schedule. Until I can come for a visit, please know I'm thinking about you and praying for you every day. š