Dr. Lang recommends all her patients take a nutrition class, so I sat in this morning. They recommend a plant based diet for four days before chemo day and four days after. No meat is easier on the gastro and veggies offer more fluids and ease of eating.
There are no raw foods and no restaurant food. Best to control what you eat and how it is made. She had lots of good tips. One of the participants has already been through treatment and talked about how changing her diet changed how she felt during treatment. It still sounds terrible, but at least I know what to eat.
I was going to ask about that. I am ready to cook you some meals but I need to know which foods you do not like.
ReplyDeleteA good source would be Carolyn. It is her normal diet
I wondered about that, too. Glad they had some good pointers to start off on this journey. Surely, good plant based food exists... I guess I can think of one. My favorite pre-made plant based food is the frozen Bird's Eye Power Blend of Quinoa & Spinach. Easy to heat up and enjoy when you don't feel like figuring something out. Sending hugs. -MB
ReplyDelete