Wednesday, January 15

What day is it?

We made it through our first night alone. I had a lot of internal drama that was exacerbated by the anesthesia. The girls had two barking jags where they ran to the back door pitching fits. They’ve been in David’s room with him at night with the door closed, so any noise was new to them again. I woke up this morning with Pippa stretched across me. Protecting me, I imagine. 

We’ve been up and did bathroom things (I’m down to 10 ml from the drains twice a day). And are now back snuggled up in bed.

Vangie is bringing me lunch and Elsa is coming later to cook the food David bought to make stew. 

If the dogs were traumatized by the attack in the backyard, they don’t show it. They charge out like normal and race like they always have. It’s the addition of mom standing guard that is new. 

1 comment:

  1. The dogs are foreshadowing what’s to come for you.

    ReplyDelete