I got in the bathroom and was just wiping myself off when I heard what sounded like a dog fight a couple houses away. It wasn’t. Two dogs jumped the fence and attacked Pippa in the backyard. David went bounding out and got them off. They jumped back over the fence. My dogs ran inside. Pippa was filthy. David told me he won’t say what he saw. But that Millie was trying to protect her.
I leave the screen door propped open and they run inside and out all the time. I have a chain link fence. May have to think about wood.
We bathed both girls. David says she’s ok. I know she has a couple bloody spots but they don’t seem to be puncture wounds.
It took her an hour to stop shaking. I had to take half a Xanax because I was close to hysterical. I blame the anesthesia.
Thank God David was here. We have made a 311 report.
Before that David held me a few moments while I cried a little before undressing. Everything is still taped up well, but it was my first look at the boob-less chest and my belly without blockage. Gonna have to work on that.
My left underarm is quite swollen. It’s all very numb. It’ll be a full shower tomorrow now that I know what to expect.
Poor Baby!! Yay Millie for trying to protect Pippa!
ReplyDeleteQuite an adjustment for you! I can’t imagine.
Oh, I’m glad Pippa is okay!!
ReplyDeleteGlad your babies are okay. Horrific experience for all.
ReplyDeleteAs for you, get a mantra and repeat it.
I saved my own life.
My life is worth more than 2 breasts.
It will get better.
Anything that gives you the grit that you need to stand tall. Trust me...I have my c section scar and a wide ugly scar from c section to my navel...but I lived to raise my kids, so I will take it and will keep going.
I would advise half a Xanax prior to your first full fledge look. With time and healing, it will get better. It will just take time.