Monday, January 6

Prayers for sleep

I need prayers for three more nights of sleep. I can’t take my normal melatonin this week, which I’ve relied on for years. It was midnight when I finally turned off my lights (even with the long travel day), with bouts of fitful sleep and lots of awake time. I listen to a sleep app, and had to really focus on it last night, lest my mind wander and I starting thinking about, well, not good things. I chose a 90 minute session and restarted it so many times it was still playing when my alarm went off.

3 comments:

  1. You are off the next 3 days, sleep when you can. It will happen. Your body needs the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep is tough, especially when your mind is wound up. Sending you wishes for ZZZs. -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a stigma associated with lack of sleep. I don’t fight it anymore. I wake up several times a night. I just reach for my iPad until I get sleepy again. You have worry/dread preventing you. You’ll get even. You’ll see.

    ReplyDelete