Friday, January 17

The drains are out!

Whew! What a difference that makes. 

I started having a more serious reaction to the tape holding the drains and the incision tape, so I texted my nurse to see what she recommended. She suggested I call Dr. Elmi’s office, so I did. I spoke with the nurse practitioner and after a few questions she asked if I could come into the office. 

My niece Stacy came last night, so she drove me over. Removing the right side was fine, but the left side hurt quite a bit. That side had more tubing. Then she removed the tape and I started to feel way better. I’d not been feeling great. I think my body was fighting having plastic inside me, plus the tape reaction. I can walk better and just feel better overall. 

I’d read online that there could be up to 18 inches of tubing, but I don’t think there was that much. I didn’t look cause I didn’t want to see. 

It was the first time to see the future scars. They’re not horrible. I’d had an idea of what to expect after seeing mom’s. As I told Stacy, it looks abnormally normal. I still have a lot of bruising and swelling that will get better with time. 

Stacy bought materials to cover my outside pipes. I’m so grateful that she thought to do so. It is nice to have her here. 

David’s husband is still in the hospital. They have cardiology, infectious diseases and internal medicine working to figure out what’s wrong. Prayer for Kevin (and David) please. 

5 comments:

  1. Yay for getting your drains out and the tape off! That has got to feel better. Great that Stacy is there. So sorry for Kevin and David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the tubes are out and that the tape is gone too. I’m sure that’s a huge relief. Glad that Stacy is here to help too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you have some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day at a time, sister. Sounds like you are doing you in the most fantastic way. Praying for Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy Warriner1/19/2025 1:10 PM

    Hi Sooz, I have been without a computer for several days. Had to get a new one. So I just got caught up on your blog. Good news that you are making progress, bad news about Kevin and the dogs. Wish I wasn't a billion miles away or I would be there for you. Your body is healing, just takes more time than you would like. I will call you soon. But know I think of you.
    Prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete